CFM Textile Talk
|Mahni||CFM Textile Talk|
Musiqi Haqqinda Melumat
In the spring of 2010, Cape Fear Museum of History and Science received a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). The Museum raised funds in the community to match that grant and conserved three significant Civil War-era artifacts from Cape Fear Museum's permanent collection -- a 34-star U.S. flag, a Confederate 2nd National flag, and Confederate Major-General William Henry Chase Whiting's dress uniform.
These artifacts were treated by Patricia Ewer, a professional textile conservator. Ewer, who works with Textile Objects Conservation in Mound, MN spent almost 300 hours over the course of two years conserving the Museum's precious artifacts. Visitors to Cape Fear Museum can see the results of her work in the Fragments of War exhibition, which will close on May 5, 2013.
On Thursday, April 18, 2013, Ewer presented a Textile Talk, showcasing the importance of conservation. Attendees learned how conservators preserve delicate artifacts and explored the processes of conserving items -- from vacuuming and wet cleaning to backing and patching and why conservation is key to preserving artifacts for future generations.
- Harrisons Curtain Factory - Wonderful Made Easy
- Best Wooden Door Design CNC Machine || Royal Door Design Video
- Game Theory: Are Your Mobile Games ILLEGAL?
- OFFICIAL TRAILER: Rick and Morty Season 5 | adult swim
- OUR WEDDING VIDEO!!
- Goodbye Old Stuff! Hammer Jam is BACK! (Clash Of Clans Official)
- UCLA vs. Michigan - Elite Eight NCAA tournament extended highlights
- Starship | SN11 | High-Altitude Flight Test
- FIRST DAY OF *IN PERSON* HIGH SCHOOL | freshmen year! Nicole Laeno
- Justin Fields FULL Pro Day Highlights: Every Throw
- Gwen, The Hallowed Seamstress Ability Reveal | New Champion
- Dustin Johnson Vs Fore Play - Lefty Challenge
- I Spent 50 Hours Buried Alive
- Ryan and Fire vs Ice Queen Frozen House Part 2!!!