Starship | SN11 | High-Altitude Flight Test
|Mahni||Starship | SN11 | High-Altitude Flight Test|
Musiqi Haqqinda Melumat
As early as Tuesday, March 30, the SpaceX team will attempt a high-altitude flight test of Starship serial number 11 (SN11) – our fourth high-altitude flight test of a Starship prototype from Starbase in Texas. Similar to previous high-altitude flight tests of Starship, SN11 will be powered through ascent by three Raptor engines, each shutting down in sequence prior to the vehicle reaching apogee – approximately 10 km in altitude. SN11 will perform a propellant transition to the internal header tanks, which hold landing propellant, before reorienting itself for reentry and a controlled aerodynamic descent.
The Starship prototype will descend under active aerodynamic control, accomplished by independent movement of two forward and two aft flaps on the vehicle. All four flaps are actuated by an onboard flight computer to control Starship’s attitude during flight and enable precise landing at the intended location. SN11’s Raptor engines will then reignite as the vehicle attempts a landing flip maneuver immediately before touching down on the landing pad adjacent to the launch mount.
A controlled aerodynamic descent with body flaps and vertical landing capability, combined with in-space refilling, are critical to landing Starship at destinations across the solar system where prepared surfaces or runways do not exist, and returning to Earth. This capability will enable a fully reusable transportation system designed to carry both crew and cargo on long-duration, interplanetary flights and help humanity return to the Moon, and travel to Mars and beyond.
Given the dynamic schedule of development testing, stay tuned to our social media channels for updates as we move toward SpaceX’s fourth high-altitude flight test of Starship!
- Starship | SN10 | High-Altitude Flight Test
- SpaceX Starship kicked off the new space race - You haven't seen anything yet!
- SpaceX Starship SN11 Analysis
- Starship | SN8 | High-Altitude Flight Test
- SpaceX Starship SN10 soars, lands for first time!
- Starship SN11 Explodes During Failed Landing in the Fog
- What's Inside The SpaceX Starship?
- Why Saudi Arabia Is Building a Linear City
- Elon Musk Reveals Plan To Colonize Mars
- Starship | SN10 | High-Altitude Flight Recap
- Starlink Unboxing + Speed Test + Full Installation
- The Polestar 2 Is a Tesla-Rivaling Electric Luxury Sport Sedan
- SpaceX’s Future Starship Design Explained! Starship SN10 Is Done! Onwards To The Next One!
- Starship SN11 Test Flight | LIVE